820-00244 stuck in chime boot loop

ytesfay80

This 12" Macbook had liquid spilled on the keyboard by the customer. It had liquid damage to only 2 components that I could see. C7671/2 were both corroded so I replaced both of them.

After plugging in the charger I keep getting a chime every few seconds and the machine keeps turning on and off. I can tell it is turning on and off because I can feel the trackpad when I click it while the machine is chiming. I tried unplugging the keyboard and trackpad but yet the issue remains.
Also, the board does get warm.

dukefawks

Administrator
What is getting warm? These boards should not really get warm very fast. I have seen them with bad CPUs that get very hot fast.

ytesfay80

There is no specific component that is getting unusually warm. When I feel around it seems like the entire board is getting slightly warm after about 30 seconds. I removed the CPU heatsink and felt the cpu and it gets warm but not extremely hot that would have me suspecting it.

dukefawks

Administrator
Connect external keyboard and get into boot menu and boot from external source. Corrupted SSD can make machine reboot.