820-00281 macbook pro heatpipe incoming & heatpipe outgoing airs 128 degree

Hello my name is Emre,

I live in Antalya, Turkey and being an Apple Technical Service for a year. First of all I want to tell you a short story of my bussiness today. I was working in tourism right before the pandemic period. But when the pandemic started my company fired me because their all jobs cancelled. Then I have tried to find something for myself to gain some money. Suddenly I thought I can buy & sell ipads and iphones to make some profit. But on the very first ipad 2, I got my first problem. Bought it came home and checked how to reset it to the factory settings (I wasnt using any apple before) I found out that there is an icloud locked there. And searched how I can get rid of it and found the ways with dcsd cables. Then I bought an ipad with sim card in it ( didnt have any clue about imei ) :D so another story started for me. So found the resistors there to remove (never done any technical repairs before except changing my bulbs at home) And with reading a lot and watching videos, Today I can fix mainboards of nearly all Apple devices :) But still having problems sometimes with troubleshooting of the errors. So this is enough for me and get back to the subject :)

I have my wife's A1707 macbook pro and ordered a battery 3 days ago. Changed it very well (I don't think that I have destroyed anywhere that time) but then I realised that macbook started to work so slow and did diagnostic and gave me PFM006 & PPN001 as everyone gets. But this didnt mean anything for me. So kept searching and found your video on youtube which shows kindly similiar problem. I have made an external mac os, run the hwmonitor and found only heatpipe incoming and outgoing air is around 128 degress. There is no damage on the card when I checked. I checked the trackpad and saw nothing there. Maybe Im missing of course something but really I couldn't find anywhere to look and Im totally new on macbooks. And the fans goes to the highest speed when mac os starts loading.

Anyone can show me a way for this?

Thank you in advance

Emre

Edit: I have checked the new battery with coconut app and shows good for the battery too.

Edit 2: Board has been tried with screen connector and trackpad connector plugged off and the result was same for both. And also Battery removed and same result. I have checked the voltages on R5390 and R5391 both have 3.3volts on their "1" pads.

Edit 3: I have took out U5850 & U5800 and desoldered them but nothing changed.

Edit4: Checked the voltages on U5820, getting 3.3v on 1,4 and 6 legs

Last edited:

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
First of all, welcome to the forum!

MacBook fans will spin to max, if trackpad is not detected; keep in mind that.
Some of them (not all) do the same if battery is not connected.
In these cases, macOS runs slow too.

You should test with known good (preferible original) battery.
Be aware, new is not equal with known good!

When the battery is removed from the case, the chance to damage trackpad board/flex is always present.
The best diagnostic, test your board into other working shell.

Last edited:
First of all, welcome to the forum!

MacBook fans will spin to max, if trackpad is not detected; keep in mind that.
Some of them (not all) do the same if battery is not connected.
In these cases, macOS runs slow too.

You should to test with known good (preferible original) battery.
Be aware, new is not equal with known good!

When the battery is removed from the case, the chance to damage trackpad board/flex is always present.
The best diagnostic, test your board into other working shell.

Thank you very much for your quick reply. My trackpad is working well but as you mentioned (if trackpad not detected), does this mean it can work but still not detected?

I have tried both the new battery connected and plugged out result is same. So can we say the problem will still go on until we connect a known good battery?

Only a know good battery may stop this issue?

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Trackpad works, but is not detected in System Preferences, if battery is not connected.
This is an weird issue from Apple.
The strange thing is that you've mentioned to have good battery.
I recommend to test with known good (even old) battery.
Is the only way to discard battery issue.
If still same after that, we have to dig more on this problem.

BTW, write directly on the reply box, instead of clicking Reply button.
I don't see any reason to quote an entire post, visible few centimeters above.
Please, maintain forum aesthetic...

Oh okay sorry for reply button. Old battery flex had been torn off but will try to fix it tomorrow and try with it again and let you know from here.

Hello again,

I have installed the TG Pro and got these screenshots from there. Any ideas now?

I have changed the battery, And still same problem going on. Original battery flex cable has been torn off so I cant try it again. But here are the screenshots of TG Pro, HWMonitor and activity monitor. These screenshots been taken after waiting a bit.

Ekran Resmi 2020-01-01 03.59.53.pngEkran Resmi 2020-01-01 04.00.05.pngEkran Resmi 2020-01-01 04.01.22.png

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
You may have problem with U5870, or its related components.
But I still think about damaged implied when you've removed the old battery.

Trackpad still doesn't appear on System Preferences?

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Found similar trackpad, remove them and check the values.
Is better to move a bit and solder them one pin only, in the same trackpad board.
This way you can't lose them; small components fly away easy...

But as you can see I have circled the missing components on photo. I dont have any similiar trackpad in the shop so I cant even know what they are. And I think there is no schematics for trackpads.

So is there any possibility if you have the sa trackpad for A1707 can you measure the missing parts and let me know what they are and is there any possibility to send me a deeper photo for those 4 areas to check if there is anything else wrong?

I think I have ripped off the sensor from there and I think I found it luckily but I dont know if it is right one so just for the way to put it back and check if it is the right part that I ripped off I need those deeper photos.

I know you are busy enough but will be so glad if you can help me with these.

Thank you

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunatelly I don't have any similar trackpad to help.
You should buy new trackpad; need to have one in stock anyway, for future tests.

This problem been solved with changing the trackpad. I was all caused because of the ripped tmp sensor on trackpad while changing the battery. Thanks for your all help