820-00850-A A1989 MacBook Pro 13" Touch

I have the above board which had some water damage. I've managed to get the board working and Mac OS loads fine. A lot of the liquid spilt onto the touch bar connector area especially J5100.

I couldn't find a replacement touchbar in the UK for the a1989 but ordered one for the a1708 which I believe should be compatible (they both have the same connectors and ribbon cable reference numbers.

When I attach the bar it lights up fine and I can adjust the settings fine from within system preferences>keyboard, however, it does not respond to touch.

I noticed that pin 22 of j5100 had corroded and had a crack and literally fell off. Pin 22 on j5100 is called PP5V_G3S_DFR_FILT.

My questions are is the fact that pin 22 is not connected the reason that the touch bar does not respond to touch or is it the fact that I'm using a touch bar from an a1708. Checking the pin outs for both logic boards in my eyes produces a match and considering visually the bar does what it's supposed to I'm thinking damaged pin 22 is the problem.

Any help appreciated.

Thank you

The A1708 does not have a touchbar, but the A1706 does so I assume you mean that. Yes the touchbars should be compatible between the 2 models. Your issue is the connection to PP5V_G3S on J5100. Run a wire and it should fix it.

Yes a1706 apologies. I’ve ordered a replacement board connector as pin 22 in the connector has broken away. I will update here once I’ve changed it.
Thank you