820-00850 does not power with charger but work fine on battery

huzeafa

hello guys, have got n 820-00850 that would not power on charger but works 100% on battery . I do not seem to fully understand the 2018 model of operation , I measure 12.30V on PPBUS with charger only connected and 5V in PPDCIN, I have checked for a short to ground but no short, the only thing I could notice is 0V at CHGR_RST_IN, I don't know if that's suppose to be high like CHGR_RST_L signal . I believe when any of the CD3215s are faulty , the machine wouldn't power with the battery either, please correct me on this , as I could be wrong

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
All USB-C ports have the same behaviour?
Check in both ways conneciton.

Compare diode mode readings between CD3215 chips on their LDO power rails.
Also check voltage, especially if 1V1 LDO appears on each CD3215 chip, when connect charger to its port.

huzeafa

Will do that now , and about this signal being low CHGR_RST_IN, I suppose it has nothing to do , and also if the issue was a CD3215, would it work with the charger ?

huzeafa

06.26 on diode mode to ground on 2 of the CD3215 and 06.9 on other 2 , on opposite sides , meaning when I flip the board one side I get 06.26 on both and when I flip to the other side I get 06.9.

I get 1V1 LDO voltage at all 4 CD3215s

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Your problem should be only USB-C related, as the board works on battery alone.
That reset signal looks good, as it has no "L" on its name.

Did you try original 87W charger?