820-2523-b no pm_slp_s4 present, all s5 power rails present

bruce1129

820-2523-B NO PM_SLP_S4 PRESENT, ALL S5 POWER RAILS PRESENT
IDK WHAT TO DO FROM HERE,

green light (yes)
charges battery idk
i also believe that vr pwrgd delay was 0v as well
idk what im missing/where to go from here. i tried finding a short but no luck
*bought from ebay to practice on, previous owner changed bios chip and knocked off a few resistors, i replaced the bios chip (preprogrammed off internet) and resistors (donor board)
and i also had to replace r6905 on ppcdin,
any ideas on where to go from here.
i saw pm_slp_s4_l comes from the mcp, i believe i tested the s5 rails coming into that chip ( i only saw 2) and they were present.
r2120 rtc reset l 3.3v
g3h12.55
pp3v423.42
pm_slp_s4_l0v
pp3v3_sus
BIOS VIN3.3v
smc_reset_l3.4

Last edited:

bruce1129

nothing happens. so i can short smc_onoff_l on any board and its the same as pressing the power button.

bruce1129

d6905 (which is the component directly after r6905 that i had to replace) , pin #2 says "nc 2727" which i thought nc meant not controlled, yet its putting off 10v, does that mean anything?

bruce1129

im buying them from ebay so i have something to practice on before coming to your guys' training soon.
resistance to ground on 3v42 is.....(measured on c5725, diode mode .636, 20.94 kohm measured as well)

jgraffis

You have to have pm_slp_s4 for this machine to turn on. this is not a fun one to work on. when i see these i first check all the power rails from the beginning to make sure i didn't mis something. if all is good, then i check the area around the smc, also checking for sort to ground on pm_slp_s4, las one i did had some crap under the smc i had to reflow the smc.

SMMRepair

You should also spend a solid 10 minutes looking over the board and making SURE there are no missing components, or any small caps/resistors that have been knocked off the board. If you got this from eBay, it's probably been tossed around in its life...might have some missing bits.

bruce1129

the charger is original, and i did inspect the board for missing components, everytime i saw a spot that looked like it might need something it was an omit or no stuff spot.
ill check the smc and the area around it, and check slp s4 for a short, thanks

bruce1129

using 85w doesnt make a difference, i just bought an original 85w and used it, measurements are the same, still no power