820-2915 no green light, works on battery after isoprophyl cleaning display connector

Crazyfrog

As title says I was having screen flickering issues so sprayed isoprophyl on the display connector, now theres no green light. Laptop works fine from battery power

I already went through a schematic and found R5311 to be only 67k but seems suspect as if the schematic is wrong(going to order. What should I be looking at next?

UPDATE: photos added and U7000 gets very hot its a bit small for me to resolder, any other causes for this? Forgot to mention I have a CMIzapper gpukilller fitted for sometime working fine.

Attachments

• IMG_1518.jpg
    IMG_1518.jpg
    628.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Remove battery and test the board alone on the desk (only charger).
Do you get 3V42_G3H and PPBUS_G3H, with correct values?

Crazyfrog

Remove battery and test the board alone on the desk (only charger).
Do you get 3V42_G3H and PPBUS_G3H, with correct values?

Can't say on that I just found a short on c7000 and c7001 after removing both caps(and losing one) the pads are shorted to ground.
Also R7051 measuring 43.2ohms not the spec 2.2ohms.

Update saying that r7051, r7052 and c7050 all showing 43.2ohms

Last edited:

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, I didn't see you've open the thread as new user.
Welcome to the forum!

Dead U7000, change it.
Also replace all damaged resistors with correct values.

Do NOT quote an entire post visible few centimeters above.
Please maintain forum aesthetic...

Crazyfrog

I didnt notice you were admin either, thanks took a while to activate ended up scrapping that last board.
Is there nothing else that can cause u7000 to heat up like that? I dont think I'm capable of getting that soldered back properly.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
You must check diode mode to ground on PPBUS_G3H and all big coils.
It is only theory now, if you cannot replace U7000.
As no caps remain on pins 19/20, ISL5259 is the only reason to have short there...

Crazyfrog

Ok I replaced u7000 I get greenlight now but no charging and no red light. Power off battery still works and OSX says battery not charging but coconut battery shows charging at 19.12 watts(its not charging).

Crazyfrog

Mac is powering on with the correct 85w charger obviously hadn't checked the model when I was busy doing a u7000 for first time :(
Ok got another 2011 macbook with a faulty GPU but working charge circuit and took some multimeter readings of Q7030 and getting 45 ohms between pins 1-3 and 4 compared to infinite resistance on the bad charge circuit. Q7035 has probably worn with it at same time according to what I've read.
R7051 and R7052 are measuring at 15.5 ohms and 0.5 as oppose to 2.2 and 0 so ordered replacements.
I've had to order Q7030 (K0332) and Q7035 (K0305) from china Aliexpress as couldnt find a UK source so likely going to be June/July when I install these.

Crazyfrog

Ok changed Q7030 and Q7035 and both getting super hot.
Source links here cpc, rs online and other electronic suppliers dont seem to sell them in the UK i could only find ebay for single components in france with expensive post

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
I don't suspect the MOSFETs.
Check for knocked off, or moved components.
Be sure to have good solders and check all traces.
Pay atention to C7025.
Post basic voltages of U7000 and diode mode to ground at PPBUS_G3H.