820-3330-B

Anterweb

Immaculate condition,
Never been opened and hardly used, said It hasn't been used for a couple of years because the battery died,,

Installed new battery works perfectly except I cant move track pad cursor?

It clicks but wont move at all, I just tried 4 good flex cables and 4 good working trackpads, All do the the same thing,

Reset Pram no change,

Am I missing something daft here? evreything else works perfectly and the machine looks brand new inside and out!

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Something went wrong when you've taken out the old battery.
Maybe damaged trackpad connector (on the MLB).

Just in case, test without battery; let see if new battery can cause this issue.

Keyboard also not working?
Check if you can access boot menu at least.

Anterweb

TPCON.jpg 123.jpg 234.jpg
trackpad connector looks mint so does surrounding area, Im always careful as fuck and havent damaged a board by removing anything in a long time,

tried without Batt same result,
Keyboard works just fine,

Can access boot menu and trackpad click works but just cant move pointer,

I have just noticed that U5701 is getting extremely hot! Like,, feels like a shorted component hot! other components feel hot in this area also?

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
U5701 should be good, if KB works.
PP18V5_Z2 present?
If not, check R5805/6 and other components related with U5805.

Anterweb

PP18V5_Z2 is NOT present.

Havent had time to check around U5805 yet as late for a meeting but Keyboard now not working and U5701 gets ridiculous hot as soon as I power the machine on, Worried to leave it on too long testing voltages in case it melts!

Anterweb

Not at the office atm, but I have a load of 2011 820-2915 boards, can I pull the chip off one of these to use?

Anterweb

Giving this a go now, Just removed 2 chips from donor boards they look like the identical same chip,.

First board I melted the trackpad and keyboard connector even though I had protected them with foil tape,

Second board I heated from underneath It came off without any visual damage but I am worried about over heating components on the other side near bios chip and cpu,

Any advice on the best way of removing an replacing the one from the good working board before I attempt it?

Anterweb

Ignore the above,

I replaced U5701 with one from a 2915. It wasnt easy but I got it done!

And Success! No mor hot chip!

And machine boots

And I have a working Keyboard again, And trackpad click!

But no track pad movement again! Mouse pointer just sits in the top left corner of the screen and dosent move at all, Tried 2 known good flex cables and 3 different track-pads... Again all works keyboard track pad click etc just cant move the cursor?

Anterweb

"PP18V5_Z2 present?
Just booted this into login screen and I get 18.3v measuring it at R5806

Found those heaters on ALi,, thanks dude

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
"18.3v measuring it at R5806"
At pin 2?

Check BUTTON_DISABLE level.
Be sure to have continuity for all traces between U5701 and J5800.