820-3332-A Intermittently boots to desktop. Passes ASD test.

CleverTech

820-3332-A will intermittently boot to desktop (external & internal). Will stay stuck on loading bar. Volume keys will work as if desktop environment is running in the background. No signs of previous liquid damage or work done to board. Passes ASD tests consistently.
When it eventually does boot it'll run FurMark GPU stress test normally.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
G

Last edited:

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
Just have Apple fix it, this is beyond hope for people like us sadly, like the 820-2915 will lead you down a hole to hell.

Apple Repair Shop

Really Rossman why is that has he tried Resets or test hard drive? I would test with a new hard drive or at least back up my data then reformat, reinstall OS X, unplug / replug Charger/ Battery PRam reset and see if the problem id fixed. (not in that exact order)

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
These are covered under an extended warranty for graphics issues and random shutdowns. Even if you fix the primary issue if the primary issue is NOT with the GPU itself,it will have that GPU issue down the line and your customer will come back saying you fixed it and it does the same thing again! Which is the worst thing in this entire business.

I hate 3332s/2915s with a passion. No matter what you do it will be baaaaaaaaaack. :(

Plus if you bitch at Apple enough about the "bad customer experience" even if something else is wrong like the SSD they will fix it for free.