820 3332 flashing greenlight

SoroS

Hi,
I have a 820 3332 board on which the customer fried the magsafe and the tried to replace it.
The F6905 was blown up, after replacing the fuse the charger has flashing green light every 3 sec

When measuring PPBUS_G3H and PP3V42 they fluctuate, when charger is green they have the usual values and the they go down once the light turns off.

Don't know where to look since the board is very clean no others signs of damage anywhere
the board does not power up

SoroS

I have only a discharged baterry , when I plug the battery and try to turn it on it shows the low battery icon on screen.
C7005 pin 1 - when greenlight I have 12 or 10 V on it and then goes down on Pin 2 - 0 V no mather the state of the charger light

U 7000 Pins 17/18 - 6ohm and Pins 27/28 - 24ohm

Did some more mesuring around this area and found F7041 was blown :confused:, I've removed the F7040 and F7041 now I get a solid greenlight followed by orange
I'll keep you posted soon on the progress

Last edited:

SoroS

No progress so far. So with the F7040 and F7041 removed I have greenlight .
I guess something is going wrong on PPBUS-G3H but I don't have any idea on what.
What should I try next?

dukefawks

Administrator
So the machine is ok and this problem is around ISL6259 circuit. Did you replace the fuses? Check value of R7005.

SoroS

once i've removed the fuses and checked them off the board they seem ok both of them

For me the problem is after the F7040 / F7041 to the system side.
With the fuses on the charger blinks without them is green and then solid orange

I've tried another ISL6259 it does the same.

Without the ISL but fuses on I have greenlight and then orange, what am I missing?

R7005 is 20ohm

dukefawks

Administrator
If there really was a short on L9830 you would probably not get the low battery image. Q7080 is also a good suspect still.

SoroS

So we gonna call this one "Mort pour la France".

I've followed your advice Duke but the Q7080 is not the culprit.

I've folowed the short from L9830 and checked every cap to end up to the U1800
Thanks for the help anyway.

dukefawks

Administrator
There is nothing wrong with L9830 or the board would be totally dead. I'm pretty sure the issue is around the ISL6259. Without the fuses do you get 12.56V on PPBUS?

dukefawks

Administrator
100% something in the ISL6259 circuit. Check all resistors and soldering on the new 6259. If all looks ok it could still be a dead 6259 again or dead Q7030/35.