820-3437-B keyboard backlight stays on - proximity sensor not getting a reading

spakhnyuk

[h=2]MacBook Air (13-inch,Mid 2013)[/h]
This MacBook was originally water damaged. I cleaned it and replaced the left I/O board. With the bad left I/O board, the backlight would flash at startup and then turn off and stay off. Replacing the left I/O board solved the backlight issue.

Now the keyboard backlight stays on unless you manually shut it off while in daylight or well lit area. I understand the light proximity sensor is in the iSight camera in the display.
I tried a different display and the same issue persists. I don't see any damage or corrosion on the camera connector on the main logic board.

Can someone point me in the right direction here? Where do I find the circuit related to the proximity sensor in the schematic?

Thanks!

dukefawks

Administrator
Check if cam is working then the ALS is getting power. ALS data is pin 8 and 9 of camera connector. If there is anything wrong on that bus there must be a whole bunch of errors when you run ASD test.

spakhnyuk

The camera is working is in photo booth, but FaceTime crashed when I tried to open it. Going to try FaceTime in another OS, then run ASD. Thanks for the tips!