820-3437 smc_lid = 0.5v

Tony Tone

All rails present, no chime, no display. Blinking USB stick. Lid is 0.5V. Tried new DCIN board and flex cable.
Very little corrosion near C5021.

Tony Tone

There is no corrosion there, but I connected a new trackpad, keyboard, and new flex. No chime, only fan spin.

Tony Tone

No Title

Ok, so I put a new SMC (brand new), and still have all the same. There was only a little bit of spooge on C5021 & R5115-1 (no stuff). Fan spins, CPU gets hot, and ALL_SYS_PWRGD = 3.3V. I did try doing a PRAM reset with a new keyboard and cable (I don't have a usb keyboard). There was absolutely no other liquid or corrosion anywhere else on the board. Still no chime.

Attachments

• photo1364.jpg
    photo1364.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
  • photo1365.jpg
    photo1365.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 0

TCRScircuit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tony those preballed preprogrammed chips with unleaded balls from china on the reel are fakes at least the ones I got.

Tony Tone

Think it is most prudent to take a known working SMC out of working MacBook to test. Will try this, then order another chip. That will narrow down the variables.

Tony Tone

The original one wasn't working I was supposing. I have a known good working SMC that I am going to try (waiting on stencil from Rossmann).