820-3476 thunderbolt not working

ytesfay80

I have a 820-3476 board that is not working with my thunderbolt to hdmi adapter.
PPVIN_SW_TBTBST - 0v
PP15V_TBT- 0v
PP3V3_TBTLC - 3.3v

Q3080 is showing 15v on both the gate and source. Q3005 has 0v on the gate (TBT_A_HV_EN) which looks to be the reason why the gate of Q3080 is so high.

Why is TBT_A_HV_EN not being created. Does my thunderbolt adapter need to be plugged into a tv for TBT_A_HV_EN to be present?

dukefawks

Administrator
Give it back to customer or sell it first. I never fix these issues as 95% never use the thunderbolt anyway.
But yeah, corrosion somewhere in thunderbolt area is likely.

ytesfay80

This is a family members computer so I wanted to fix the thunderbolt so they can use it with that since the screen doesn't work.
I just got a crest ultrasonic so I will throw it in there and see that fixes it.
Assuming that you have an ultrasonic cleaner as well how long do you leave the board in?

ytesfay80

Cleaned it up in the ultrasonic and still no thunderbolt.
The computer was dropped a few times. When the computer was working before it just shut off and never came back on the right side of the screen was messed up with lines going through it and you could only see the left side of the screen. The trackpad also wasn't working.
The only water damage area I could see before the ultrasonic cleaning was some blue spots around the U1900 area.