820-3536-A Liquid Spill, Memory Errors on ASD

Status
Not open for further replies.

samiam

820-3536-A Liquid Spill, computer was working but running slow (idle 300%+) manually cleaned and everything now seems to be good. Only thing that obviously bad is the keyboard backlight is not working (lot of corrosion on both sides of connector but cleaned off well). I am getting some memory errors when I do ASD (EFI mode), please see attached pics. I've never seen this before, esp since old ones were removable. I don't have the schematic for this one, would anyone be willing to share one with me, and do you guys think there is a connection between keyboard backlight and memory? Are the memory problems going to be fatal or do you think I can give it back like this?

Attachments

• photo137.jpg
    photo137.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 0
  • photo138.jpg
    photo138.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 0

dukefawks

Administrator
Probably corrosion under CPU or RAM. Add some flux and heat it to about 180C. I can add a diagram once the upload limit has been increased. Should be fixed tomorrow.

samiam

Sorry for the delay, thanks for sending. The client picked up before I had time to try cleaning under any ram. Haven't heard a complaint yet so I guess it working fine. Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.