820-4924 liquid spill

samiam

fully functional except wasn't seeing screen, I cleaned and now just no backlight. Anyone have the schematic or board view? I tried using 820-3536 as everyone else recommends but the bottom where the damage was (U8330) side is different

Last edited:

samiam

Yes just checked and getting 50v and interestingly enough when i put the probe there the screen intermittently illuminates. After giving it a few minutes it's almost steady now, but the screen is displaying garbage vertical colored lines. For the hell of it I put on another LCD and LVDS and that seems to be fine, so I guess the guy fried his LCD with the backlight over voltage.

samiam

No Title

I haven't tried taken the shielding off the lcd pcb yet but was wondering if anyone else had and what the prospects for repair that would be (in such a situation like this, because the screen isn't cracked)

and i should have some cracked screens i could salvage the pcbs from

Attachments

• photo183.jpg
    photo183.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 0
  • photo184.jpg
    photo184.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 0

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
50v means the boost circuit is working but it doesn't see a load. either the lcd cable is bad, the connector on the lcd is bad, or the backlight is bad. it is possible inside the lcd connector on the board is bad as well, but that would be the last place I look

samiam

thanks louis but like i said, i already confirmed the LCD is fried. new question is how hard is it to repair lcd pcb and getting those heat shields off?

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
This is what i get opening these tabs and trying to post around work. i get beat to making posts!

you are not fixing an lcd PCB, just replace. You can replace the entire assembly, or just the LCD, but fixing the LCD is a waste. i buy the cell for $85 and my receptionist can replace it in a half hour.

samiam

Apparently there is more wrong with this than previously thought.
I thought everything was fine after putting on a new screen.
However that was apparently only running off battery, but not from charger. With a cord the screen shows the charging battery but never actually does.

PPDCIN_G3H and HGR_AGATE_DIV both coming in at around 19v with an 85w (assuming) preventing q7180 from opening. C7185 and R7185 have both been replaced to no avail. Also tried a new ISL, still doing the same.
Any ideas?

samiam

Thanks! After testing all of them, found 2 were bad. Replaced those and still having the same issue though, any further suggestions?

samiam

Was around 4ohm between 17/18 and 20 or so between 27/28. Replaced C7121 and C7122 and now resistance is 0, but still having the same issue.