821-00239 Critical software update

rlowe215

Im working on a 821-00239 with message about critical software update when tryin to boot in to system. Have tried with new known good lcd, with disconnected touchbar, touchid. Can boot in safe mode no touchbar in safe mode. Have made new install of OS.

Found very small waterdamage in area J4200 cleaned it and same result with cable disconncted.

Any suggestions from someone more familiar with this boards?

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Did you check all dukefawks mentioned?

rlowe215

yes, as I wrote in first post I already tried whats mentioned in that post, SSD seems to be fine as I can boot in safe mode, delete and reinstall and so on. Should touchbar work in safe mode on this?

rlowe215

have not tried another touchbar, just tried with touchbar disconnected. And searched the forum for suggestions what to try

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Many suggestions gathered from Internet, already posted on the forum.
There are some software things to try too.

rlowe215

yes I know and have read all I find, only thing I have not tried are another touchbar just disconnected without result

Rper123

I have had 2 with this error. Spend some time finding a solution. In both cases it was TB cable/connector damaged by fluid. TB was not recognised and it led to "Critical Software Update". After cleaning TB lid up and no CSU.