A1534 no power

hgoncalves

Hello,

I have an A1534 820-00045-A board, with no liquid dameges, that pulls 19.5 V from power supply, but consumes only 0.35A.

PPBUS_G3H is ok 8.5V, but PPVIN_G3H_P3V3G3H has 20V (i think that it should be 8.5V also).

Can you help? What should i check from here?

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
The Apple note from page 60 confused you.
There will not be used 35V filter caps, for 8.5V nominal voltage.

I do not recommend to waste time with this kind of boards, all end with dead CPU.
If you still want to continue, then post some basic voltages and signals from power on sequence.

Last edited:

hgoncalves

Thanks!

The CPU gets very hot, so i think that it has some kind of working.

Here are some readings. Does it tell you something?

PPBUS_G3H = 8.5
PPVIN_G3H_P3V3G3H = 20V
PPBUS_S5_HS_COMPUTING_ISNS = 8.5 V
PPVBUS_E85 = 20V
PPDCIN_G3H = 20V
PP3V3_G3H = 3.3V
PP3V3R3V0_AON = 3.2V
PPVRTC_G3H = 3.2V
PP5V_G3H_LDO = 4.9V
PP5V_S0SW_LCD = 0V
PP5V_S4 = 4.9V
PP5V_S0 = 4.9V
PP3V3_S5 = 3.2V
PP3V3_SUS = 3.2V
PP3V3_S4 = 3.2V
PP1V8_S3 = 1.7V
PP1V5_S0 = 0V
PP1V2_S3 = 1.1V
PP1V05_SUS = 1V
PP1V05_S4SW = 0V
PP5V1_S4SW = 0V
PPVCC_S0_CPU = 1.5V

hgoncalves

Yes, i do have USB activity, and now i conected it (just the board alone) to one USB-C hub and it seans that it has some kind of activity, because the external monitor recognizes something conected, and it shows some strange lines in the external display (like some grafics artefacts)

Last edited:

hgoncalves

Hello,
Although the laptop already works, we reintaled OSX but the laptop is extremely slow.
Is there any procedure already known that we should perform? Could it be a missing /bad component on the board?
I think that this processor has Turbo Bust, and that may be what is not being activated. Do you have any idea?

hgoncalves

Yes, it was very slow. that's why we reinstaled it.
In hwmonitor, we can't notice anything with any bottleneck. I run the Intel CPU test, and it shows that the CPU dosen't pass 1 Ghz (top) and is on average below 700 Mhz.

waterchill

Hi,

I have exact same board and exact same measurments like hgoncalves. With battery and usb-c plug it drains about 0,4A and 15V. Board is getting hot in the cpu area. My question is now (nothing to loose) what does ist mean reflow the entire board? Really the entire board or only the cpu area?

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
"reflow the entire board?"
Heat entire board into IR oven.

HWMonitor shows good voltage and current readings?
Check if AVREF_SMC is correct.