a1706 Topcase replaced with a new one, new accu bad?

Dozer

Hi everyone,

I got a A1706 from client with not working keyboard (key b and n sometimes double printing the letter)

I ordered 3 new topcases including battery

After installing mainboard and display I have now that

Click image for larger version  Name:	20191126_140033.jpg Views:	0 Size:	261.3 KB ID:	54825

I tryed with all 3, all the same. With the old one with keyboardp roblems accu is everything ok

is there any hint? PRAM reset already done.

I measured on the 2 pads from the accu under the large screw, on the old topcase with bad keyboard i get 2.2V on the new topcases 0V

Dozer

After I turned off the AutoBoot with terminal its now not possible to boot in to the osx only by plugin the power adapter, only shows a big empty battery on display and then it shows on the adapter 20,4V 0.01 A

After new plug in same procedure.

by pressing the power button it is booting into the osx, but showing bad battery no charging.

After turn on autoboot its possible to boot into osx by plugin in the power adapter. but shows bad battery in every case

I have only a power adapter from a 2018 A1989 my be that is the problem?

Click image for larger version  Name:	20191126_153401.jpg Views:	0 Size:	985.5 KB ID:	54832

Last edited:

Dozer

is it needful by replacing a new topcase with battery to activate something that the battery is charging ?

Dozer

no, in this moment i dont have one.
but i have another A1706 same mainboard itis repaired already. Now I tryed the charger wich I posted a picture with this good A1706
that is charging well. It consumes about 2,7A
the A1706 with the bad battery consumes maximum during booting 1,07A later less.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Dukefawks mentioned to had the some problem, caused by bad battery.
Disconnected it and took the machine to Apple for the keyboard problem.
It should still be under warranty...

Dozer

I replaced the battery with another one and all is ok. All 3 Topcases had blocked Batterys.

[SOLVED]

Thanks for helping.