A1707 820-00281-A no boot

hgoncalves

Hi,
I have an A1707 820-00281-A that doesn't boot.

Some times it shows the Apple logo, and starts to load the progress bar, and them shuts down or reboots. Other times it doesn't do anything (but puls 19.5 V from amp metter).

With the board alone on the bech, connected to an external display, it shows the battery icon and then shuts down.

I don't know where to start. Can you help?

hgoncalves

Hi,
I've tried both but without success.
When i try to boot in normal or safe mode, it goes to the install menu, and them says the an update is needed, trys to update, but gives an error and all stays the same...
Even when i try to start in recovery mode it does nothing. just stays in the globe logo forever, and no bar, no options, nothing...
Can't do the DFU mode. It doesn't accepet the commands and can't get it to dfu mode

Last edited:

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
No DFU here, isn't T2 machine.

"says the an update is needed"
Did you search the forum for "critical update required"?
Dukefawks has a very good post about it.

hgoncalves

Hi,
I follow the post but without sucess. Even without the display, the error is the same, and I can't see any corrosion or knocked off components.
Any other ideas?

hgoncalves

I've tried without the J6200, and no disk found. Withe a different J6200, I get the same error of critical update, and when I install a new macOS, it returns at the same error.

hgoncalves

Sorry. How can I do a SSD test from another Mac? Don't know how to do that, and I couldn't find it on the web. Can you help?

hgoncalves

Yes, I get, I even installed several times on that SSD, new and different macOS versions on that disk, but after the installation it always returns to the same critical error.

hgoncalves

Hi again,
Erased and reformatted the SSD, and Internet Recovery with same result. After the recovery, it goes to the same critical error.

hgoncalves

I notice that the hour is always wrong, even when restoring from the web. Does this mean anything relevant for this case? Do you have any idea?

Last edited: