A1990 Not starting

Mori3000

Hi

I got a A1990 820-01814-A that is stocked on 5v i measured some points and it is like this.
PPBUS_G3H is 0v
PP20V_USBC_TA _Vbus 5v
PPDCIN_G3H 5v

I got to replace ISL9240 but it is the same.

Please some help.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
You mean to be short to ground, far away of open line.

Check if any big coil gives the same value to ground.

Mori3000

I took of the f7000 and f7001, The pin 2 is shorted to th ground.
If you mean L7030 it reads 300, before and after i took of the f7000, f7001.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
There are MANY coils on the board.
Start checking the ones close to CPU.

BTW, L7030 is not even connected to PPBUS_G3H...

Mori3000

I found out that the board has got a little liquid damage under U9080, and u9080 is broken, i desoldered it from the board and the short is gone, and i have 19V.

I replaced it with another one from a donor board, but when i soldered it on the board, the short came back.

I see that the pins on the board are in a bad situation, and i am not sure if i order a new u9080 and replace it if it going to work, is there any other way to recover the data from the board now?

I mean can i recover the data with out soldering U9080 back?

BTW, it seems that u9080 gives power to the nands on the board.

Sorry if i ask confusing questions, i am new :).

piernov

Staff member
In general damage there kills the NAND chips. Mesure resistance to ground on SSD power rails before wasting time replacing the chip.

Mori3000

Just a question, can the board starts with out soldering back U8090? Like if it starts but not find the SSD?

Is it possible?

Mori3000

I tested to connect the board to adapter with out the u9080, the area around u9080 get warm. And PP2V5_NAND_SSD0 and, PP1V8_SSD0 is shorted to the ground.

I,m wondering if the NANAs are dead by now or not! any way i can test the if the NANDs are dead or not,?

BTW the NANDs get warm too.

Last edited: