Cpu voltage present but no chime/boot

Mamdouh

I have an 820-00165-A board originally got stuck halfway through boot, replaced bios and it worked properly. After checking on it a few months later it now has PPVCC_S0_CPU at 1.8 but doesn't chime/boot and no image, cpu does get slightly warm, takes around 5.5 watts a little over 250mA.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
First of all, welcome to the forum!

"replaced bios and it worked properly"
Did you properly clean ME that time???
Try known good working BIOS file, with clean ME.
Also check all SPI Bus Series Termination resistors and their traces.
Clean/remove J6100...

Mamdouh

I used a file that had a clean ME and it booted and worked before this happend ( it used to get stuck loading)
Im not too sure what you mean by checking SPI Bus series, if you mean the resistors near the bios like r6120 they all have the proper resistance and if you mean "is there continuity from the resistor to where it leads" they all check out

should i try a to load a clean bios again, would the bios somehow go bad?
last time i deleted and uploaded a new file to it

haven't done too much with bios so not sure exactly what to do.

Mamdouh

looks like i had r7102 on the board removed it and r5100 was bad replaced and got green light same problem still no chime/boot

Mamdouh

Cant remember liquid it has been cleaned but there were bad components near u5620, replaced them and the chip, no change, no signs of corrosion I've went over the board a few times. Its been left on a shelf with some other boards for probably a month or 2

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
If had liquid damage months ago, some component has been affected in time.
I recommend to reball SMC first.

If you don't find visible corroded component, heat CPU with quality flux; may have luck to be accumulated crap issue.