Erratic Mouse Pointer

TexpertLLC

MBP 13" Mid 2012 - Erratic mouse pointer, moving and clicking random places, opening windows and menus, without user input. When track pad is touched it seems to lose connection or drop before pointer can be moved one place to another across the display. Replace trackpad? Board problem? A nudge in the right direction is appreciated.

TexpertLLC

Update: When the trackpad is disconnected it seems to be a little better but the a external USB mouse I have plugged in freezes for moments. Touching the trackpad connector when trackpad is plugged in seems to make mouse pointer glitch slightly.

aprendiz

Unplug keyboard, use a external keyboard and mouse, see if is stable now.....
Maybe corrosion on keyboard and/or trackpad connector, also inspect U5701...

TexpertLLC

It is more stable with the kb and tpad disconnected but the fan kicks on and will not shut off since i disconnected kb and tpad. There is not corrosion at all. bad U5700?

TexpertLLC

I am trying to find the board view file for this model. I did manage to get Open Board Viewer installed but I still need the file for this model MBP.

Last edited:

dukefawks

Administrator
The first obvious thing to replace is the trackpad. If you disconnect it the machine will lag and fans will run high.
Trackpad issues can also be caused by Chinese chargers, test if issue is present on battery first.