LB 820-2915-B green light no boot no chime no charge

Mac-N-Sauce

So , i have a 2011 15" macbook pro with good one wire circuit, good s5 rail, seem to have all the rails I am supposed to except it won't charge a known good battery or turn on.

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
Good S5 rail... which rail?

What rails are present?

Which rails are not?

Are S5 rails present but not S3? Are S5 and S3 present but not S0? Are S5/S3/S0 present but one S0 rail is missing?

More info!

aprendiz

this was water damage??? Check R1800-R1801-R1802-R1803, should have about 3.3V on each pin, also check 32Kz from U2800.....

Mac-N-Sauce

All The resistors are fine and chowing the 3.3v. I am not sure how to measure the 32Kz from U2800
There is no evidence of liquid damage on the board

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
and we have our first PM_SLP_S4_L rabbit hole to hell.. do you have a lot of time to spend on something that is most likely not fixable? :X I'll leave this one for duke

Mac-N-Sauce

Of course, I seem to get the good ones! Why can't i get the ones with obvious liquid damage around the ISL chip, replace a couple of components and boom! Back in business. Oh, well.....

Mac-N-Sauce

Unless duke has some thoughts I will probably just move on. I have another 13" 2010 MacBook Pro that is randomly sleeping while you use it. I will probably start a new topic on that one soon.