LB 820-2915-B green light no boot(previously known as (FUBAR) SMC issue)

Mac-N-Sauce

OK, so i read something in one of the forums and it got me curious about the other logic board like this one had so i plugged in a charger and tested some points. Everything was as it was before, seems like it should work but did not. Then I felt the ISL6259 chip and it was very hot. So I put some alcohol on it to see if it was really too hot or it was just me.

Well...after I changed out the charger that went bad and plugged in another charger that worked, the green light came on and then the orange light came on indicating a battery charge. I pressed the power button and the computer turned on! However it started single beep indicating a bad ram slot. Removed ram from the slot and restarted and it loads into an operating system.
Problems:
1)bad ram slot
2)fan stays on high all the time
3)battery percentage shows then goes off, then shows, etc. I remember Louis talking about what controls that, but I have forgotten.Please help me with that.

All this leads me to believe that I had poor diagnostic skills and was not giving correct information.
See attached photos for progress

So other than the ram slot, any thoughts on how to address the other two issues?
Thanks

Attachments

• photo176.JPG
    photo176.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 0
  • photo177.JPG
    photo177.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 0
  • photo178.JPG
    photo178.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 0

aprendiz

ok, in the title you stated 820-2915 with is from a A1286 15" and in the pics is a A1278 13", which one have the problem???
If it is 15", are you using a 85W charger???