Little bit of my background

Modder1

Now, this might come off as narcissistic, which is the exact opposite of what I am trying to get across here but I am gonna give 'er a go anyhow.
I didn't graduate high school.
I had an 8088 way back when I was 12, I am 40 in April. I had no computer until I started modding original xbox a year or two after they came out. I was frequenting xbox-scene then.
About 7 years ago I met a girl who was selling cell phone accessories at a mall and having a bit of a bad go at it. So I said to her that since I understand this stuff a bit I could help out.
Any of you who have read my posts understand that I know jack shit about this stuff. -fake it until you make it?
One thing I do is try really hard and persevere.
7 years ago I had not even taken apart a blackberry 8800 and it took me hours to do a housing change once for a friend.
Now, I have a pretty busy shop and do everything myself. I believe that the only reason that I am busy is as Louis says this business is 10% knowledge of fixing and 90% knowing how to deal with people.
I am also very honest in my business and have little tolerance for the scams and bullshit that goes on in our industry. My focus until now had been cell phone and tablet repair.
I know nothing of basic electronics and have read the rules many times and understand that i am breaking them by really even being a member. Due to this I would not be bothered if I had to pay double or triple the sub fee as an idiocy penalty. I don't mean that I wish to rely on this forum to teach me, but rather just saying I recognize that I am an idiot and as I am trying to learn how to fix the macbook, I am also learning how to use my multimeter, what a resistor looks like on schematic and so forth.
When Duke tells me to go learn how to use my multimeter and then we can continue I totally get that.
I believe I am somewhat an ideal candidate for the board repair school but I live in Canada and don't think I can come down south unfortunately so if ever board repair comes to Toronto, I will shut down my shop for the days needed and would be more than happy to host from my shop.
I have clients, I have the funds to have bought the recommended tools. So that part I have got in place.
I think that if you watch me grow, you will see very plainly the effect of how great the services this forum and the YouTube videos really provide. I am literally coming from zero knowledge.
The only reason I used the multimeter in my shop previously was to measure a battery to know if it was above 3.5V and that it would charge in the phone. If it wasn't I would put it into the universal battery charger to boost it. Otherwise I would use the kasi iPhone battery charger or simply use some cut charger to put power direct to a tablet battery or something.
Duke has said to learn how to use a multimeter, so now I will take a few days and learn that. I have done some reading on fluke, sparkfun, and ifixit sites. It is a lot for me all at once, I mean at my first posting I didn't even know how to say what board I was working on as I had no idea it was marked on the board! So all the 820-31115, R0709, U7000, along with measurements etc etc, is a bit of a bombardment but I WILL get it. My main concern is that I don't piss anyone off who is willing to help me. If anyone tells me to fuck off and do some learning, I take that as love and with total respect! I do not get offended by that. I see it as pure help.
So, I have gone to Louis' videos on basic electronics and watched what is ground and what is it's purpose at least 5 times this morning alone. I had watched it before but clearly I didn't understand it. I then went on to the next one in the playlist. I will watch those this weekend before moving back to the two macbooks I have open at this time.
Funny though, I just started asking people to bring me their water damaged macs and I got 6 in the store quite quickly! I am VERY excited to learn this trade, primarily not because of the money but because of the thrill of learning it. The money is a bonus though, and that helps to support my 3 daughters and wife.
Fortunately I have nothing to lose so I won't be stressed out if this doesn't work for me. My wife has an oat milk business and my shop without macbook repair and me not understanding anything about a basic circuit has done quite well thus far.
I guess that all of this combined is why I think I might be a good person to watch grow and show what is possible with the help of this forum and the videos.
I hope this is an alright post.