Macbook A1989 820-00850-A water damage no boot

This macbook came in after water damage , it does not wanna power on , when I diagnose it , i am getting my 20V on my amp meter , T2 gets hot, no fan spin , I reviewed most of the power lines and no short to ground anywhere , Please help me

I am a little new to this , so some of terms i dont know them well yet ( SLPS2R and the AWAKE voltages where can i check those and also i have not done the dfu mode yet on the macbooks which are the combination buttons to get it into dfu mode?

Thank you

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
We have several posts about DFU.
Links to external tutorials already posted.
Reaf all, as many people complained not easy to get into DFU.

Just search on pdf for SLPS2R and AWAKE.
Check all voltage rails with such names; there are 5 at least...

Hello,

Sorry it has been a while since we spoke about that macbook, I went back to it again and I have checked the voltages of the power rails SLPS2R and AWAKE. All voltages are present and normal , but T2 keeps on getting warm, also i have seen a slight little crack on a side of U7000 i am not sure if that has anything to see , but still no CPU fan running , I tried to get it in DFU mode but not getting anything at all.

Please help me out .

I got one of those
BY-T200 T2 Data Assistant For MacBook Repair, Last time you stated that you have not used those yet , but i gotta a quick question , on the vendor site there s that note that says (
The purchase of BY-T200 product does not include the original T2 chip BIN file.) So i was wondering where to find the BIN file , cause in their tutorial , its showing that the drivers and the software is intergrated so that note got me very confused, any help will do.

Thank you.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
You can try to read from scrap board.
The best option should be to get a known good working bin from someone else.

I tried from a scrap board but did not go successfully but the other option of getting it from someone else , do you have any refer link where i could buy that from ?

Thank you very much.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
I don't have such dump available.
But I want to advise you, do not expect a miracle.

I just tried with two 01521 boards.
One board works good and I've read and saved U4770 bin.
Just erased SSD (passing through DFU) and installed new macOS.

Other board restarts when try to load macOS, or when I start new installation, or recovery.
Impossible to put in DFU mode this one.
I then reflash U4770 with the bin from first (same model) board.
It got stuck with 5V on USB-C and didn't start at all.
I've put back its dump and came back to same restart behaviour.

wow , so therefore it has to be exactly like you said from another macbook of the same type, I am going to check and see if i can get another macbook same type and try it in DFU mode to see if that gets me to anywhere.