MacBook screen , Flashing Red, Green, Blue and white. Like it is in a pixel self test mode.

Thought I would share some good information. I had a A1466 come across my bench with nothing I have ever seen before. You would power it up and the unit would pull normal current, chime and boot but the screen would flash a sold red screen for a few seconds switch to Blue, green and then grey before starting over.

Turns out that the screen was in Self Test mode. They use this at the factory to inspect for dead pixels. Liquid damage had caused corrosion on the FPC so I replaced that and tested with a good screen on the bench. The unit worked. But when I put the board back into the MacBook and tested with the original screen I had the same RGB color rotation.

So..... RGB, Grey alternating screen is the screen self test mode. Probably a liquid short put the screen into this mode. It is nice to know that a signal from the MacBook cannot cause this but the mode is enabled directly on the screen it's self. So if you se this. check the screen first.