Proactive repair vs reactive repair and pricing

Joesipaq

So, I have had a client or 2 come in with a computer that died for a week, then started working again with no issues for a few weeks.he brought it in for me to look at and I found some water damage.

Now, from his perspective his macbook was A-OK but from my perspective it was a ticking time bomb.

What do you all do for clients that have this situation? I gave him an awesome discount on the repairs that I did internally and told him that he won't have to wonder of it will die again randomly. I also thanked him for bringing it in and said the discount was because he brought it in before it was a serious problem so it made the repair much easier.

Input?

smiba

Personally I don't do discounts. If the device end up coming back in for warranty so be it and at worst give the money back.
Also if a job ends up being harder then expected, do you charge way more? Don't take the easy ones for granted, they pay for the repairs that are hard!

Also If you give one person a discount the next person will come in asking for a discount as well and leave a bad review for denying it

Last edited: