So, smartTVs

Nick

so guys. Anyone fixing these? i got a couple from a guy i fix things for. Asked me if i wanted to give a look and i'm always open to new challenges and buisness opportunities, one had a bad power supply board, not too difficult, the other has something i am unable to figure it out.

>is it worth to try fixin' these (cause nobody around here does) and anyone knows where can i get more info and *pfft* schematics?

Alan.L

To me, i find them difficult to diagnose. i had couples. they never drop or damage from cleaning. it has power going thru, swap mainboard and still doesn't work
i think either panel itself has gone bad or bad bonding tabs. since all the parts you buy is used and you cant find cheap panels to buy then this is just not worth it.

G.Beard

There is a reason that TV repair shops no longer exist. Unless some 80 year old guy who made all the cash back in the day is still pottering around his shop just to keep busy.

dukefawks

Administrator
I fixed a few but they are a pain. Lightning is a common cause and usually fatal. Bad ROMs you cannot find dumps for. A bad panel is of course an immediate write off. Maybe some high end curved recent stuff is worth the effort, but anything under 55" is just so cheap new that you don't want to bother with it. Lots of this stuff now comes with 3 year warranties and the ones that are not covered by warranty are 99% cracked panels.
Hell you can buy a 55" 4K brand new for $380. How much is that thing worth if it fails when it is 3 years old, $150?

So the moral is, if you have nothing better to do then fine, but there is no serious business in this stuff.

Last edited: