[SOLVED]13" Macbook Pro Retina - Early 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaswaniraj

Hello, I have received a macbook pro retina display - early 2013. The problem with this macbook pro is that the trackpad is laggy. The desktop loads very slow. After a while the screen just moves from the desktop screen to the widget screen. The computer stays on if on charger, but if unplugged, after a while would just shut down. I cannot find the board number on the board. What is that I need to check to fix this computer.

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
Run ASD EFI version 3S162 and tell me if there are any sensor failures. Also try with known good battery, it will run funny with a bad battery.

vaswaniraj

Louis, I am still not able to locate the Board number on the board. Is there anyway you can help me locate the same. As I am unable to locate the board number, I am unable to follow your advice to check U5400.

dukefawks

Administrator
It's a 820-3462. Use the 820-3536 schematic and board view. But first you need to run ASD 3S162 to check for errors.

vaswaniraj

Hi Duke, I have downloaded ASD 3S162 via torrent, but I am unable to mount it on the external hard drive so that I can run it on the effected machine. Please guide me, if I am doing anything wrong. As I a aware of the Apple Hardware Test which is done by pressing the D key at startup, which I did and I get the sensor error IC0R: 10.996, but I am unable to run the ASD EFI. Please guide.

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
Louis, I am still not able to locate the Board number on the board. Is there anyway you can help me locate the same. As I am unable to locate the board number, I am unable to follow your advice to check U5400.

I Can't help you find the number without knowing which board it is. Every board has the number on a different spot. If you tell me the board number, I can show you where to find it, but this becomes a chicken/egg fallacy. Identifying boards is something you'll have to do before we can help you.

Either way, just find U5400 as I said and fix what is wrong in that area.

vaswaniraj

Hi Louis, There was a CA3E..... number on the logic board which I googled it and it showed up that it is a 820-3462. I checked the U5400 area and nothing looks corroded. Can you please advice further troubleshooting steps. I know I am not good at this, but learning. Please advice.

vaswaniraj

Hi, As advised by Duke and Louis that I need to download the ASD and run it on the machine, but the problem is that download it taking for ever. I was able to download ASD 3S162 but when I run it on the machine of Early 2013, it says it is not supported. I kept 3S155 to download yesterday morning via torrent, and till this afternoon I only see a progress of unto 17%. Can anyone help me with a link where I can do a faster download and not via torrent. Thanks in Advance.

vaswaniraj

Hi Duke and Louis, As advised I ran the ASD 3S155 and here is the error I get " Sensor - Current (IC0R) -- Computing (test 1) - Sensor Reads Within Operating Range - Voltage.
- Check to ensure that sensor reads within operating range
ERROR - Sensor is reading above the high limit
-T E S T F A I L E D -

vaswaniraj

Hi Guys, I did the following as well. As was recommended by Louis that a bad battery would also cause this problem, so I disconnected the battery and just boot the system on AC Adapter power. Even after turning on the system on AC Adapter I get the same error of IC0R and I also run the ASD OS where I get the same error as " Señsor reading above alarm point." As mentioned earlier that I even check u5400 and it does not show any corrosion. Further help shall be highly appreciated. Regards, Raj.

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
Possibilities:

1) Traces to/from R5400 are broken
2) U5400 is bad
3) U5400 is not receiving 3.3v on pin 3
4) R5409 is blown.
5) C5409 is bad
6) SMC is bad.

I am guessing on 1, 2, 3, maybe 4, rarely 5, and I doubt 6. These are the only possible issues.

vaswaniraj

Hi Louis, I did the following :

Checked if U5400 was getting 3.3v on pin 3 and yes it was getting 3.3v - so does that still indicate that U5400 could be bad.
Secondly I checked the area of R5409 which I see in there, but I observe one weird thing is that the R5369 that resistor is not to be seen on the board.
Also the Cap C4921 I see it is heavily corroded and looks like it is blown.
Would any of the above observations be the cause of IC0R error.
Please advice.

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
If you see a problem fix it. If you see a corroded cap replace it, if a resistor is missing put it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.