[SOLVED]820-2610-A no harddrive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bohmmen

I know its old but I want to fix it.

At first it didn´t start at all, had green light.
Replaced C7771 and that solved the first problem.
Now it boots up to folder with questionmark.
Tried different cables to harddrive.
The same thing when I try boot from usb.
Holding down ALT when booting doesn´t do anything at all, tried different keyboards.

Any suggestions?

Bohmmen

It is still strange.

All keys seem to work except Z. Tried two different keyboards with same results.
Sometimes it boots to folder with ? but if I channge the rams again it boots ok.
When the login screen shows the screen flashes about 4 times. In the password field there is one * already.
When i move the cursor to the password field it autotypes alot of *********************
strange.....

dukefawks

Administrator
Does this have an EFI password? ALT will not work if there is another key "hanging" of course.
Disconnect internal keyboard and try with USB keyboard.

Bohmmen

No efi pass.
With USB keyboard and internal disconnected it still auto writes in the password field. With the internal I can stop the auto writing but with USB keyboard it just continues to write.
There must be something wrong with the internal keyboard connector. I will look closer at it tomorrow.
But what about the issue with boot and need to replace the memory.

dukefawks

Administrator
How do you know it does not have EFI pass, you can only see that if you hold the ALT key. It will cause boot issues and no PRAM reset is possible.
To disable internal KBD/TP you can take off R5701, just for testing. See if it boots ok and you can get into boot menu with ALT. After that it is probably crap in the KBD connector.

Bohmmen

Thanks a lot. You are a true Mac Superhero in my eyes.

Of course it had EFI password.
Cleared PRAM and now it works.
Now it´s just the keyboard connector that i have to deal with

Bohmmen

After I put R5701 back keyboard works.
Thanks a lot. I learned many new things this time.
Computer is already sold, 250$ without charger and harddrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.