[SOLVED]820-2879 - No audio, but it chimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcain

The audio jack had taken a hit and was broken, so I removed it. Will the system still play audio through the internal speakers without the audio jack?

Under System Report I can see the audio device. When I click on the speaker icon in the menu bar it shows v Digital Out and the volume is maxed and disabled. Maybe the system is actually stuck on Digital Out, is there a way to check?

gcain

Will not work without audio jack unless you remove R6805. Why not replace the jack?

I have a very bad success rate of replacing them.
Decided to go ahead and swap it out anyway and actually managed to successfully replace it, but still the same symptoms.

Must have missed Louis' video. Will check it out.

gcain

U6700 appears to maybe be cracked. Can't quite see properly and I'm reluctant to pull it as it's a BGA and I don't have any new ones handy.

dukefawks

Administrator
U6700 will not affect audio through the speakers. U6700 is just a switch for the jack to be an output or input. Did you remove R6805?

gcain

No, I didn't. I was trying to fix it properly.
Will remove it now and report back with the results.

gcain

Yes, speakers work now.

If I plug in headphones the sound goes off, but nothing plays through headphones.

If I max the volume it play's a kind of static through the headphones that seems to go along with the audio that should be played.

Last edited:

gcain

Thanks, Duke.

I think mark this one as solved.
There is no need for a headphone jack on this particular laptop. It only has a very specific purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.