[SOLVED]820-2936 padlock symbol appearing on screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcain

Search for the first instance "$SVS" then FF out the next 112 bytes (I think from memory, go until it meets the other FFs but keep the files size the same).

leonattpcs

Right then, opened up with Hex Editor Neo on Windows 7, the file is just full of FF
Using control F and trying $SVS or even just $ gives nothing. The programme said the transfer was successful so I can only guess that went successfully. Does that mean the chip is blank/faulty and dead?
Thanks again

gcain

All FFs means the file is empty; it probably failed to read.
Doesn't mean the chip is dead, just that it failed to be read.

I don't know how to use the programmer you used. I usually solder it into a pcb I made up and read it with an rPi.

leonattpcs

With the ic in the correct way round this time.
Now you're talking. Ok So I am at the first instance of $SVS so what am I looking to do now?

dukefawks

Administrator
There are 2 instances of $SVS in the binary. One will have a bunch of crap after it and the other won't. Make the one that has a bunch of crap look like the one that doesn't. Make sure you keep an original copy in the case you screw up!
After the fix do a PRAM reset and install new OSX!!

leonattpcs

The computer is back together, but not switching on. When trying to switch on from battery only the cpu fans spins for maybe 2 seconds then stops. The power light comes on in that time and then goes off when the fan stops. When connecting to power, the fans starts to spin for 2 seconds, then stops and starts again. Still will not switch on. I tried a p tram reset just in case and nothing happens so it isn't switching on. When power is connected, the light on the connector lights up green then goes red. Has something gone wrong with the programming or am I diagnosing a power problem?
Thanks

SMMRepair

Bad BIOS file. Board was powering on fine before, and now has a bad BIOS file. Better to post the original file here and let someone clean it for you.

leonattpcs

Yeah Duke did that, I could see the changes he made and when loading the file I read the new file from the chip again to make sure the file had hit the chip which it did. I will upload old and new after this post.

leonattpcs

AMAZING. I wrote the data to the chip then put the thing back together. I used a hdd with an os on already which booted fine. Installed os x on the computers own hard drive and now it has Lion on and working again!!
Thanks again!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.