[SOLVED]820-3330b usb ports not totally working

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpdist

I did a liquid damage cleanup on this mobo a couple of days ago, it just came back to me for the usb ports not working. I can get a flash drive to detect in the " front and back" ports but larger devices like external hdd or usb mouse do not work in the ports. I have 5v on both ports. No change in voltage when a device is plugged in. Keyboard/touchpad/ everything thing else on the usb hub seem to be working fine. Seems like higher amperage devices are not being powered. Please advise. Thanks.

dukefawks

Administrator
Bridge over U4600 like a wire from C4696 to C4601 and see if that port works. If yes it is probably a bad U4600.

cpdist

Id like a little more clarity my information isnt quite matching what you have explained. I have c4696 220uf cap but neither my board view or schematic have c4601, unless you meant c4691 0.1uF.
If you did mean c4691, then should I jump a wire from pin 1 to pin 1 on those 2 components?

EDIT---------------------------

I had a donor board so I went ahead and swapped the u4600 and I still have the same issue. flash drive is working in both ports but seems like the current isnt scaling up for devices that require more power. ( corded usb mouse)

Last edited:

dukefawks

Administrator
I meant C4605, just bridge input to output of U4600. Also check what voltage on pin 6 and 10 of U4600.
Is the USB stick USB3 maybe? Could be that only USB3 is working.

cpdist

Yes the usb stick is USB3, I will measure those pins tomorrow when I get back to work. and bridge input/output. Thanks.

cpdist

When c4696 is bridged to c4605 the machine will not power on. Unless im suppose to create that bridge while the machine is on, (which im not going to do until you tell me to or not to)
PIN 6 - 3.3V
PIN 10 - 3.3V

I tried another usb 3 flash drive worked fine, no usb 2.0 devices have worked.

Last edited:

dukefawks

Administrator
So USB 2 is not working......whole different issue of course.
Measure on diode mode D+ and D- contacts on USB connectors.

cpdist

Well duke, Ill live and learn I suppose. I was looking around L4600, L4700 and was getting ready to probe for the values you asked for. Come to find out I have NO L4600, or L4700 Might of gotten blown off in the ultra sonic . Either way Don't make fun of me too much. 2016-09-11 09.53.00.jpg

Last edited:

dukefawks

Administrator
If your US cleaner blows off components like that it belongs in the trash. Please don't tell me you bought one of those cheap jewelry cleaners from Ebay, they do not frequency sweep and can destroy boards.

aprendiz

This is a china shit, it does not have true sweep frequency, only 40khz, I have one of those, even have the same blue sticker but without the kendall sticker, I've replaced all internal circuitry to make it true sweep, also have a crest CP575 cause the other is to big (3.4gal), anyway, the "kendall" UC is a china shit as is...

Status
Not open for further replies.