[solved]Macbook Air 11, early 2014 green light problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

VirtualLife

I have Macbook Air 11, Early 2014 that works just fine without anyproblemes but the issue is with the charger light. It doesnt light up at all..

aprendiz

No comunication with One wire circuit I guess , inspect Magsafe board for corrosion and or flat cable or connectors....

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
Have you tried alternate DC in board/dc in board flex?

The onewire circuit is on the DC in board on this model.

99% of the time it is bad flex cable,corrosion on PP3V42_G3H or SYS_ONEWIRE or SMC_BC_ACOK pins of the dc in connector.

1% of the time it is the SMC.

Crizz

Have you tried alternate DC in board/dc in board flex?

The onewire circuit is on the DC in board on this model.

99% of the time it is bad flex cable,corrosion on PP3V42_G3H or SYS_ONEWIRE or SMC_BC_ACOK pins of the dc in connector.

1% of the time it is the SMC.

Totally agree! Had the same issue and fixed it by replacing the flex cable! The old one had burned pins.

VirtualLife

Found out what caused the problem. Seems like there is 98 prosent chance that the flex cable is bad or the dc in board. Or 1 prosent the SMC. Found out that the last prosent was corrosion on the motherboards flex cables pins and did not connect in one pins. Solderd the pin back where it belong and now it works like a charm without any issues. Thanks everybody! :)

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
You can also fix the DC in board. Look at U6901 and U6900 on any unibody, then look at the dc in board. In some cases when I didn't have a dc in flex for an older air and a customer was an impatient fuck I would run all the wires from the mainboard using magnet wire to the dc in board to freshly soldered onewire circuitry... fun times. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.