[SOLVED]macbook pro 17" *Apple Support error 1005 during restore*

Status
Not open for further replies.

nate8organic

osx seems to be working fine when actually booted, but if i try to restore the disk it will not boot utility it goes straight to internet restore and then give the error 1005. computer works fine with any osx though. iv search for what this error means but never found much with accurate info. there is an hhd in the cd rom spot. and it works.

Last edited:

nate8organic

*update it turns on with chime. boot to apple logo slow. but if i try to hold down options it just stays white screen. seems to be getting pretty warm. its a early 2011 so im wordering if its possible its graphics and when it gets real hot its freezing up? because i ran asd on it the first time i ran it it went to white screen. turned it down it was very hot let it cool. then powered it on with a room fan blowing at it and it ran 4 or more times over during asd with no errors and stayed cool. asd found nothing. also the backlight cable connection tab was broken when it came in and so it has no backlight connected. When i connect the usb with asd, it boots straight to the options menu and i can select apple windows and asd os & efi

Last edited:

nate8organic

*** Possibly Solved.*

So i tried unplugging the second hhd caddy and gave it a go apple logo comes at a normal rate and the samsung evo gets me in to osx quick. restarted holding option and got to the menu quick and then lastly tried cmd R for a restore and got into utilities. about to give it a restore so will update on this from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.