820-2610, C7771 repaired ok but now Single beep.

george-a

Hi guys,

this one was dead and came back to life after replacing C7771 but it now beeps when you press power button. It keeps beeping once every sec or so... I checked various memory modules on both slots and verified that PP1V5_S3_MEM_A and PP1V5_S3_MEM_B are present at 1.5V (C3110 and C3210) after power on.

What could be causing this?

br,
george

dukefawks

Administrator
That is bad. Was this fucked with by someone else before?
Could be a problem on the I2C bus for the memory. Check Diode mode on R5200/01 on the data bus side. Could be fucked up express slot cable/connector shorting the data lines, disconnect it.

george-a

hi duke,

this is an old whore so its definitely fucked by others - I checked R5200 and R5201, diode mode 0.490, 3.33 to 3.40V when powered on. I also removed the flex from J3500 to no avail.

after 4-5 tries it stopped beeping and R5201/02 (SMBUS_MCP_0_DATA) reads 1,1V momentarily - same time the fans seems to pause for a few mseconds - like a restart (it doesn't chime so cant tell for sure).

couple of tries later the beeping is back.

fucker.

george-a

yeah I suspect the MCP too... since I have the tools for an easy MCP swap I will give it a try and if that fails this board goes ..well you know where.

thanks a lot dude.