820-3662 fan spin, chime, external display but no internal display

Hi all, hope ive posted this right as first time using this forum, i have a 820-3662 with fan spin, chime, external display but no internal display or backlight, i have measured 11.7v at pin 1 lcd connector PPVOUT_S0_LCDBKLT and 5v at pin 28 - 30 PP5VR3V3_SW_LCD so im a bit lost as to why no backlight any help as to where i should look next would be great

already changed the lcd connector just incase , just really didnt want to buy a screen assy just to test it :-(, wondered if i was missing the obvious

im just being stupid not getting a test screen lol, just jumped on ebay and brought broken lid assy but still displays an image for £25 inc delivery, should have done that in the first place instead of using guess work :) , thanks for the help though but guess i should wait until it turns up and just get on with another one :)

dukefawks

Administrator
There is 5V to LCD and backlight chip is enabled. There should be an image if you hold a flashlight on the back of the Apple logo. There is indeed no backlight.

Hi Duke thanks for joining in, so are you saying if I'm getting the 5v to the lcd and the backlight chip is enabled (Q7706 ?) then it has to be screen or lcd cable issue ?

Hi Duke yep your right , i have picture if i hold a light behind the apple logo, thanks for pointing me in the right direction