thread top ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

READ BEFORE REGISTERING SO YOUR ACCOUNT WORKS

In order for your account to be activated INSTANTLY, your PayPal email MUST MATCH THE EMAIL YOU USE TO REGISTER YOUR ACCOUNT ON THIS FORUM!! If your PAYPAL email address differs from your FORUM email address, your account will have to be activated MANUALLY when a customer service agent gets around to it.

I realize this sucks, and I do apologize.
See more
See less

[SOLVED]820-3209 - no backlight (no feedback continuity)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SOLVED]820-3209 - no backlight (no feedback continuity)

I have this 820-3209 board that was liquid damaged around the lp8550 so I removed the it and replaced it as well as all the components around it.
    With the lp8550 removed i did a continuity test from the feedback pad to the probe(938) as well as from the probe(938) to pin 2 of L9701 and there was no continuity for either one. Also when I measured the output caps in diode mode it measured 0.40v which I believe means the feedback line is broken

I put a new lp8550 on to shove my 36AWG to the feedback ball and run it to the probe(938) but while doing that I ended up ripping the probe point pad. Can I just run the wire from the feedback ball straight to Pin 2 of L9701?

Which feedback are we talking about here? Usually it is ball A5 that has the bad trace. If it really is B1/B2 then both those balls will need to be connected. I see no issue with soldering directly to L9701 as long as it goes where it needs to.

Comment

Sorry. I was referring to the A5 ball.

Comment

A5 goes to the backlight output, so easiest would be cathode of D9701.

Comment

Okay thanks. The board is now fixed. You can mark as solved.

Comment

thread bottom ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X