[SOLVED]820-2327 (now) have G3H and S5 Rails but no turn on

BMarden

I have an 820-2327 (what can I say customer wants to pay to repair) had no green light, no PP3V42 or PPBUS_G3H, I replace D6905 to fix PP3V42, replaced D7010 and ISL6258 to fix PPBUS_G3H, I have PP3V3_S5 (3.3v) and PP1V05_S5 (1.07v), but still will not turn on. Any ideas on where I should look next?

Thanks
Bruce

BMarden

I google to try and find power pads with not much luck, so I reinstalled and connected keyboard, but still no turn on, any info on location of power pads?

BMarden

Update: Okay, not sure why I could not find info on power pads last night, found on first hit this morning, guess I should not repair under the influence...

Located power pads, and same result, no power on. I am thinking I'll check the pp5v S3 rails unless someone has a better idea.

Repairable

You need al s5 rails
then s3 rails
then s0 rails.
S0 means system is working

Dont Go jumping everywhere.
Take the power rails page.
Chech from top to bottem in order how its on the page.
When you miss a rail ask and check

dukefawks

Administrator
If both of those diodes were bad there must have been a voltage surge from some China crap charger. What is resistance to GND on 3v42 bus? Does PM_PWRBTN_L change when you short the power pads?

BMarden

Repairable - PP3V42, PPBUS_G3H and all S5 Rails are good

Duke - PP3V42 is 110K to GND, PM_PWRBTN_L is and stays 3.42v when Power pads shorted

No PP5VLT_S3, i noticed P5VLTS3_EN was low (comes from MCP) when I forced EN1 high on U7500, it turned on PP5VLT_S3 but still no life.

If PP5VLTS3_EN is low that would almost make be think its MCP issue, please advise.