Measuring dead short on CPU VCORE on an 820-00165. Any hope?

bjf

I have an 820-00165 with a 0.000 diode measurement on PPVCC_S0_CPU. I've removed R7310 and R7310 to eliminate some variables. Nothing heats up when I send power through the circuit. I sent around 3amps at 1V for at least 5 minutes. Nothing was heating up. Heatsink was removed.
I've run flux under the CPU and heated it up for an extensive amount of time. After that I did another ultrasonic cleaning. No change. Any ideas what this might be?

aprendiz

Any history?? Resistance on L7310 and L7320 to GND?? Where are you applying voltage after remove R7310 and R7320??

bjf

I don't know the history on this one. It was a spill but I'm not seeing any signs of it. I connected my leads to C1031.
L7310 Resistance to Ground: 305Ω
L7320 Resistance to Ground: 328Ω

bjf

I'm curious what you're thinking is with this. I put the them back on and the short measures 0.000 drop to ground across both resistors.

aprendiz

According to the data you provide the processor is burned, but I do not see a reason to be true if there are no traces of water damage or short on power rail (PPVCC_S0_CPU)

bjf

Yeah, the board was definitely hit by liquid. There just aren't any visible signs. Someone else here cleaned it with an ultrasonic before I got to it.

Thanks for the input, I was assuming the CPU was fried but was just hoping there might be some outside chance it was something else.