thread top ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

READ BEFORE REGISTERING SO YOUR ACCOUNT WORKS

In order for your account to be activated INSTANTLY, your PayPal email MUST MATCH THE EMAIL YOU USE TO REGISTER YOUR ACCOUNT ON THIS FORUM!! If your PAYPAL email address differs from your FORUM email address, your account will have to be activated MANUALLY when a customer service agent gets around to it.

I realize this sucks, and I do apologize.
See more
See less

2013 13" MacBook Air Fans running full speed. ASD Errors 820-3437-B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I made the ultimate STUPID mistake and put a slightly longer screw back into the fan top left screw hole. Now I get a screaming fan as soon as I press the POWER button. Any way to repair this, or did I just screw myself. I want to curl up into a little ball. I'm so pissed that I made that mistake. Apple does this on purpose, I swear...
    Last edited by wrbailey; 02-06-2017, 11:25 AM. Reason: fan -> Power

Comment

More likely the fan is bad. There is nothing there that would affect the fan.

Comment

That screw stand-off for the fan exactly on the opposite site of the U5620 and the screw did go into the board, are we sure that wouldn't screw stuff up?

Comment

If there are no sensor issues in ASD it will be a fan issue and that is nowhere near that screw hole.

Comment

I'll run ASD again.

However my previous comment about ASD passing was prior to completely reassembling it and causing the screw hole damage. The fan was working as it should, nice and quiet, UNTIL I put the longer screw in the wrong hole, while assembling it. I'll try a different fan when I get back home, but I am not holding my breath. The stand off is exactly opposite of U5620. I'm sure it'll fail ASD now.

Comment

Yep new fan still goes high speed as soon as it powers on.

Comment

Run ASD! U5620 is still suspect as you did not replace it.

Comment

thread bottom ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X