820-3115 Wifi Issues (shuts down at boot options unless wifi card is unplugged)

ALB-Repairs

Never seen this before- As stated in the title, the machine hates wifi cards, if i hold ALT it just shuts off again, unless no wifi hardware is present.

Was liquid damaged but fairly minimal. Ive tried a new card and cable to no avail. When the wifi card is unplugged the machine runs solidly.

dukefawks

Administrator
The 3rd one that is posted on the forum now. I have never seen this myself and the 2 other ones were never solved I think. Use the search to find them.

ALB-Repairs

This is certainly an odd issue, ive tested the shell with a spare board and the issue is not present. Ive followed your suggestion on one of the other threads and removed U3540- im assuming this is to determine weather the cause was wireless or bluetooth.

With u3540 removed the issue does not persist. So that puts it down to wireless i guess? Do you have any suggestions on things to check/replace?

ALB-Repairs

Niether do i, Ive tried a light PCH reflow, removed and replaced the connector encase of corrosion, replaced allot of other stuff like u3900, SPI rom, other wireless support stuff.ect
May go in my 'rainy day' pile for me to waste time with later.
Reflown the SMC aswell, checked under a microscope thoroughly, theres really not clues on the board for suggesting where the fualt lies.

ill replace the board with my stock.