thread top ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

READ BEFORE REGISTERING SO YOUR ACCOUNT WORKS

In order for your account to be activated INSTANTLY, your PayPal email MUST MATCH THE EMAIL YOU USE TO REGISTER YOUR ACCOUNT ON THIS FORUM!! If your PAYPAL email address differs from your FORUM email address, your account will have to be activated MANUALLY when a customer service agent gets around to it.

I realize this sucks, and I do apologize.
See more
See less

820-4924 Turns on No Chime No Display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 820-4924 Turns on No Chime No Display

Hey guys I'm working on a 820-4924 no signs of liquid damage unit turns on verified by plugging in a usb thumb stick with led on it. Fan spins when it gets hot, does not chime or display any video. S0 power rails have power, cpu vcore rail also has power. Any ideas on what the problem would be ?

First do a PRAM reset, then check if you have video signal on external screen, there is no imagen on internal?? or just no backlight'??

Comment

Tried the pram reset and also an external display no change this unit definitely has no video.

Comment

Known good LCD? 2015 and up are unique, so get correct screen.

Comment

Yes Duke had another 2015 in the shop with good lcd tested and same problem

Comment

First thing is to get a chime. If there is no chime then it hangs somewhere on POST. Any other history on this thing?

Comment

No good history on this thing upon inspection no signs of water damage very confusing as to why no chime and power rails are present

Comment

This is going to suck. If all power is present and it is brain dead then it could be anything and everything. RAM/CPU/corrosion/dropped/BIOS, take your pick.

Double check the chime and PRAM reset but after that this may be a no fix.

Comment

Shit, I have the exact same problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Tone View Post
                    Shit, I have the exact same problem.
                    Any luck fixing your board Tony tone

Comment

No, not yet. Duke suggested the SMC because there was a drop of water there. Once I catch up on my work I am going to give it shot. Will follow up.

Comment

thread bottom ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X