thread top ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

READ BEFORE REGISTERING SO YOUR ACCOUNT WORKS

In order for your account to be activated INSTANTLY, your PayPal email MUST MATCH THE EMAIL YOU USE TO REGISTER YOUR ACCOUNT ON THIS FORUM!! If your PAYPAL email address differs from your FORUM email address, your account will have to be activated MANUALLY when a customer service agent gets around to it.

I realize this sucks, and I do apologize.
See more
See less

Late 2013 macbook pro screen issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late 2013 macbook pro screen issues

Just a quick question to see if anybody recognises this.

We replaced the screen on this machine because there were intermittent stripes appearing. the new screen was not giving image untill we connected it to an external monitor, and then the laptop screen started working again as well. The customer really wanted his machine back, and since i could not show that his screen was not working properly i couldn't really refuse him.

I suspect he will be back with the same issue, and i am wondering, could this be as simple as the lcd connector on the motherboard being rotten, or is this more a GPU issue? If anything, when he comes back, how do i diagnose a screen that is mostly working?

Probably a bad LCD panel, but could be any of those things. I wouldn't worry about it, until it comes back to you.

Comment

Replaced the panel or the whole assembly? Could be problems with the EDID ROM in the panel.

Comment

we replaced the whole assembly. If it does come back i'll continue testing. But your suggestion does seem like a contender.

Comment

thread bottom ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X