thread top ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

READ BEFORE REGISTERING SO YOUR ACCOUNT WORKS

In order for your account to be activated INSTANTLY, your PayPal email MUST MATCH THE EMAIL YOU USE TO REGISTER YOUR ACCOUNT ON THIS FORUM!! If your PAYPAL email address differs from your FORUM email address, your account will have to be activated MANUALLY when a customer service agent gets around to it.

I realize this sucks, and I do apologize.
See more
See less

A1465 keyboard fn not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A1465 keyboard fn not working

I had messed with this before and thought I was done but apparently not (trackpad temp TSOP line bad). Although the keyboard viewer shows every key responding, the fn key doesn't work/register so the fn keys don't do their functions and the keyboard viewer appears different, showing a full size extended keyboard instead of the smaller 11". Does anyone know which pin i should be looking at?

fn is part of the complete keyboard matrix. This is a bad keyboard, but who uses fn anyway. I test fn by simply trying the F1 key to turn down brightness, when holding down fn that should not work.

Comment

Comment

no i tried a new keyboard and it does the same thing so its not the keyboard. brightness and none of those secondary functions work, that;s why i need to fix it

Comment

This is a trackpad coding issue. There are 2 different keyboard matrix layouts. If you replace the trackpad you need to match it to the keyboard type. This can only be done in AST.
          So either get a trackpad that matches your current keyboard or get a keyboard that matches your trackpad. Or take it to Apple to have them configure the trackpad.
          Fixing the old trackpad may be the easiest option here, I bet it is just a damaged connector.

Comment

thread bottom ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X