820-00244 missing PP5V_S4

PhilipC

Liquid damaged usb-c and audio boards/cable.

Usb-C board doesnt look bad afaik its just corrosion on the contacts which i have cleared up.
Measured rails and PP5V_S4 is missing with a 19ohm short? to gnd

Also how does the disconnect battery button work?

Usb-c board on the way, cant find replacement audio board so testing without it atm

Last edited:

PhilipC

My bad, was measuring while battery was still connected resistance now 20k+
Traced back and u7650 is not getting EN (PM_SLP_S5_L) now a bit confused as it seems this comes from the cpu but it needs s0 rails to power up?

PPBUS_G3H 8.67v
PPBUS_S5_HS_COMPUTING_ISNS 8.68v
PPVBUS_LIO 14.8v
PP3V3_G3H 3.3v
PP3V3R3V0_AON 3.279v
PPVRTC_G3H 3.073v
PP5V_G3H 4.99v
PP5V_S5 4.99v
PP5V_S4 0v
PP3V3_S5 3.33v
PM_SLP_S5_L 0v

dukefawks

Administrator
Yeah, this is gonna suck. All I can say is to inspect the board for corrosion. Charging circuit seems to work as you have 15V on the input so it is talking to the charger.

PhilipC

the only corrosion on the board was a tiny bit near Q7291, will try ultrasonic and see what happens

PhilipC

I have taken pictures of both sides, Well after ultrasonic it now boots.
It was running off of battery after cleaning, because I dont have a usb-c hub i let it charge up to 50% so it would let me install osx.
Now in osx, its saying 64% "Replace Now" and wont run off of the battery at all nor charge the battery, now when the machine is off and I plug in charger it comes up with the battery screen with 0% but before it was displaying fine but once booted in osx it will say 64%

PhilipC

but it was working for a bit and stats all come up in the about this mac section, WIll check current resistors when i get back tomorrow. Any other ideas?