thread top ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

READ BEFORE REGISTERING SO YOUR ACCOUNT WORKS

In order for your account to be activated INSTANTLY, your PayPal email MUST MATCH THE EMAIL YOU USE TO REGISTER YOUR ACCOUNT ON THIS FORUM!! If your PAYPAL email address differs from your FORUM email address, your account will have to be activated MANUALLY when a customer service agent gets around to it.

I realize this sucks, and I do apologize.
See more
See less

820-3332-A GPU N13P-GT-W-A2 alternative?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 820-3332-A GPU N13P-GT-W-A2 alternative?

I m working Mid 2012 retina 15" 820-3332-A with random freeze problem when using who application need more GPU power. ASD report GPU problem but you know apple no more replacing boards.
    Replaced 2 times GPU with new one but now when loading OS freezing and EFI ASD not report error ( Chines seller say new but i cant be sure DataCode is 1240 ) last month same problem solved by replace GPU from donor board and working without problem.

So do you have any idea witch chip can be use alternative for this board or you can share known good chip?

Thanks

Really? Really? U8900?

Comment

Im not sure if it is really the problem of the quality of the chipsets. I got few boards in this condition,replaced GPUs all have no luck

Comment

Yes dukefawks resoldered first and replaced second time U8900 before touch GPU

Its too interesting nobody write any where about this chip replaced worked or didn't work at forums

Comment

Hi
          I had a 820-3332 that had no boot issue,
          Even after doing the U8900 it was the same, I replaced the GPU and it is now fully working.
          If its not working i would try a v-ram reflow or something, Doing GPU's on these boards is tricky and its much the same as the 2915's with the vram being effected by the heat of the rework.

Comment

thank you ALB-Repairs i think you should be right because around v-ram guile is strong and cant be clean easy... I ll replace all from donors .

Comment

Originally posted by macfix View Post
              thank you ALB-Repairs i think you should be right because around v-ram guile is strong and cant be clean easy... I ll replace all from donors .
              Yes, the only way i got mine done easily was because it apple put weak glue on mine. it was a previously recalled board. i will be interested to see if it fixes your issues.

Comment

Just replace VRAM and GPU all at the same time. Any N13P-GT chip should work.

Comment

thread bottom ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X