a1398 locked

Dozer

hi,

i got that machine from customer and broken display.
now i replaced the whole display assembly, the display is working but it shows the lock symbol

is it because the display is from china ? i dont know if the symbol already was there before i replaced the display. is that possible?

G.Beard

It's EFI locked. You will either need to put the original SSD in with the customers install, or get the EFI lock password from the customer.
If neither is an option, then pull the EEPROM / SPIROM and dunp the file a couple of times, make sure they both have the same MD5 and keep one as a backup. 0xFF out the small string of crap after each $SVS° feild, flash it back to the chip and slap the chip back on. Done. Get a Mini Pro TL866 from eBay for about $40 i think

Last edited:

SMMRepair

Keep in mind: If the unit was tied to a user's iCloud account with Find My Mac turned on, the board can re-lock itself soon after connecting to WiFi. Simply removing the password from the dump won't suffice if this is the case. Just a heads up and something to keep in mind.

Dozer

thanks all.
the customer came in yesterday and after installing back the ssd everything was working like usually. so the problem was not the new display.