[SOLVED]820-3476 No display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SOLVED]820-3476 No display

Hello, I got a 13" Retina Display computer that does show anything on the display. The logic board is 820-3476. When the adapter is plugged in the light on the adapter comes on and the fan spins. On inspecting the logic board I see that Q8150 is corroded. Other than that the logic board looks just fine. Can anyone advice as to what troubleshooting steps I should look for in order to make this working.

Does it chime? Does a USB mouse light up when plugged in? If yes then hold a flashlight to the back of the Apple logo to check if there is an image without backlight.

Comment

Hi Duke, Yes it does chime. In reference to the mouse light, when the mouse is plugged in to the left side USB port ( next to the DC in board ) the mouse light flashes rapidly and when the same mouse is plugged in to the right side ( next to the HDMI ) port it does not light up at all. When a flash light is put on the back of Apple Logo it does not show any image. Please advice further.

Comment

Can you do a PRAM reset on the keyboard?

Comment

I tried doing a PRAM reset, but I don't think that worked. Also one thing i observed is that the computer only comes on when connected with the adapter. On battery power it does not come on. I am not sure what %age of battery is charged as I cannot see anything on the screen.

Comment

Wow i see a folder with a question mark on the screen. The hard drive is out of the system, so i Understand that the folder will go away, when a hard drive is installed. Looks like the problem is solved. But let me put the logic board and all the cables together and test the system to see if i see further issues.

Comment

The computer came on normal. That means it was just an issue with the PRAM. Thanks for your help Duke.

Comment

thread bottom ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X