820-2530 no wifi

XooP

I thought I was finished with these old boards now, but unfortunately my nephews MacBook Pro lost it's Wifi.

The board shows no signs of water damage.
L3401 measures fine
L3404 measures fine and have 5V on each side
U3401 have 3V on output
I have tried with both another Airport card and another display assembly with known working card

What am I missing here?

dukefawks

Administrator
Probably fucked up connector and that didn't "just" happen. Beep out all the pins to the airport card on diode mode.

XooP

Haha, thank you. I don't think it just happened either, but what can I do :)? I'll just be the good Uncle and change the connector since the board is already outside the computer. I'll post an update as soon as I have replaced the connector.

dukefawks

Administrator
Confirm a bad connector before replacement! Measure measure and diagnose. Just shot gunning a part is not a good way to do this.

XooP

Sorry Duke, read your reply too late, have been working on the computer all day now.
I did replace the connector, and as soon as I started the computer smoke came out, L3404 burned (Yes I know I should have measured for a short first:)).
Replaced L3404, and of course short to ground. Tried it with one of my lab screens, no short and Wifi was working again.
So it seems that both connector and Wifi cable was bad. So now I have taken of the glass, replaced the cable, and the MacBook is finally working again.

God damn so much work for this old peace of shit :)